You Are Reading

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

David Carson

When I stumbled upon a collection of works by David Carson, I was surprised how powerful it still looked. I expected it to look dated and clunky. But as the creator of a whole new genre of typography, he definitely did it well. Maybe the imitators have ruined my impression of the whole idea of anything that looked "David Carson-esque." Everyone tried to imitate him (including myself). But close to no one did what he did as well as he did.

 

 



LINKS:
David Carson's Official Website
David Carson's Poster Design for Helvetica, sold out but still awesome
Laughing Lion Design -- more photos of David Carson's designs
Lumen Gallery - Exhibition featuring the art of David Carson
Artificial Mag
Capture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

profile links service | organic wordpress | Blogspot Template